How to Let Friends and Family Use Your Phone without Letting Them Spy Other Apps. Everyone loves their privacy, and when it comes to sharing your smartphone with someone (family or friends) it can be stressful. Whenever a family member calls you to give them your phone for some use you may can’t deny every time to share your phone and its obviously uncomfortable for everyone to share their personal device with anyone.
So everybody tries to find ways to escape their phone from family and friends due to privacy. I am going to tell the readers a way that can solve all their problems regarding the matter of sharing a personal phone.
For Android Users (Spy Other Apps):
Android has already given various security and privacy options to users, still, users found uncomfortable when someone borrows their phone to make a call or playing games extra. So in this article, I have three solutions for this problem as follows:
- Guest Mode in Android
Guest mode is a stock Android feature that allows you to hide all your messaging apps, gallery, call logs and other useful settings from other users. Guest mode generally gives another user a separate user account irrespective of using primary user’s apps and data. Also when the guest mode is enabled users cannot make phone calls or send texts without entering to main settings and turning off guest mode from there.
To enable guest mode in any android phone you have to go through the following procedure –
- First of all, go to System settings in android,
- Inside settings click on system,
- Under System, you fill find Advanced options click on it,
- Then in the last step click on Multiple users and create a new user there,
- Boom you have successfully enabled Guest mode in your android.
- Screen Pinning in Android
Unlike guest mode enables the use of different accounts for each user, screen pinning just lock screen inside a specific app and users can’t go to other apps without entering the pin and turning off Screen pinning from settings. The screen pinning option was released in the year 2014 in the Lollipop version of the Android operating system. To enable screen pinning you have to go through the following steps:
- Go to settings and click on Security, then click on Advanced Settings, and then Screen pinning.
- Then turn on the settings and set a unique pin that you are going to use when turning off the screen pinning.
- Second space or Dual phone.
Second space or Dual phone options works as a separate mobile device. This option is not available in stock Android devices unlike Xiaomi and Oppo mobiles, but stock android users can install third-party apps like parallel space, dual mobile extra. Users of stock android can easily download these apps from the play store.
For IOS (Apple) Users
Like in the android phones we can enable screen pinning options in IOS devices too, whenever someone borrows our phone to make a call or some other purpose. To enable this in IOS you must follow these steps –
- Go to main IOS settings,
- Select Advanced, https://i.imgur.com/XWjxKuB.png
- Then choose guided access and turn it on.